Indonesian Man Catches Fire After His Samsung Phone Exploded in His Chest Pocket

     2 months ago
22
Leave a Comment
0 SHARE

A man caught fire when his Samsung phone exploded in his left chest pocket, causing him to desperately rip his shirt off as he fell to the ground. The incident was captured by the CCTV in an Indonesian hotel.

Yulianto, a 47-year-old concierge supervisor at Hotel Ciputra Semarang, reached for his phone because he was feeling a strange heat coming from the device. When he took it out, the phone suddenly went up in flames setting his shirt on fire.

“There was a strong sensation of heat and I felt something start to shake. Before I knew what was happening there was fire and I panicked. I took off my shirt as quickly as I could,” he reported.

via facebook.com/ChannelNewsAsia
via facebook.com/ChannelNewsAsia
via facebook.com/ChannelNewsAsia

Yulianto managed to remove his shirt, fortunately, through the help of a bystander. He was then taken to the hospital to treat his minor burns.

READ  Ellen Adarna Strikes Again

The concierge supervisor then shared that he never had problems with his phone before. Police are now investigating the occurrence.

“The incident happened on September 30. The phone was a Samsung brand and Grand Duos model. The owner was Mr Yulianto, aged 47. Mr Yulianto immediately removed his shirt after the phone exploded. He had no significant injuries,” police spokesperson Agus Triatmoko said on Monday.

via facebook.com/ChannelNewsAsia
via facebook.com/ChannelNewsAsia
via facebook.com/ChannelNewsAsia
via facebook.com/ChannelNewsAsia
via facebook.com/ChannelNewsAsia

The phone was connected to WiFi, has its GPS and Bluetooth activated, which may have contributed to the heat and explosion, according to the police. They added that there have been no previous reports about exploding Grand Duos.

READ  Husband Provides a Gift for His Wife Using Notes He Folded for 6 Years

As for the Samsung Indonesian branch, Jo Semidang, the corporate marketing director of Samsung Electronics Indonesia, told the media that their customer is their top priority.

via facebook.com/ChannelNewsAsia
via facebook.com/ChannelNewsAsia

“We have seen the consumers concerned to provide the necessary support, and we are currently investigating the device,” Samsung executive said.

Man's shirt catches fire after phone bursts into flames in pocket

WATCH: An Indonesian man had to rip his shirt off after his mobile phone goes up in flames.(Video: Rista Casmiaa/YouTube)

Posted by Channel NewsAsia on Thursday, October 5, 2017

What can you say about this? Share your comments and reactions below. Don’t forget to visit and like our official Facebook page: .

<--

SOURCE: Channel News Asia

–>

Source link

Post Comments