Kidneys detoxify the body and filter out toxins. They are also known to regulate electrolytes and blood pressure. However, it is one of the most neglected organs in our body. There are instances where people take excessive amounts of junk food, liquor, or harmful substances which is bad for the organ.
When kidneys fail to do their job, then you may suffer from different conditions. Unfiltered waste from the body can cause a buildup in the organ which may lead to weakness, shortness of breath, and abnormal heart rhythms.
Moreover, here are five warning signs your kidney is having trouble with its function:
1. Pain in the upper back – This may indicate that you have kidney stones.
CONTINUE READING ON PAGE 2
2. Skin rash – It may be the result of the excessive quantity of fluid which can also lead to kidney complications.
3. Fatigue – Kidneys in good condition produce a good amount of hormone called, EPO. It makes blood cells which carry oxygen throughout the body. However, the lack of it causes weakness, especially in the muscles.
4. Change in urine color – If you notice that your urine has become darker, paler or even foamy and you have problems urinating, then you better seek medical advice. These occurrences may signify kidney problems.
CONTINUE READING ON PAGE 3
5. Metallic mouth taste – When toxins build up in the body, one may suffer from bad breath or have an uncanny taste in their mouths.
Those who are experiencing these symptoms should consider having a healthier lifestyle. Food which has too much salt, sugar, and oil should be avoided. They must also stay away from processed food as there are preservatives which tend to be harmful to the body.
One could also increase their consumption of antioxidants and maybe take supplements. Kidneys should be taken care of as it removes harmful wastes from the body. It is vital for other systems to work properly.